The under hook is used constantly in the higher levels of wrestling, but still under-utilized with the young ones. It's very easy to go for, and gets you closer to your opponent than a traditional collar tie. It also gives you position over your opponent, or in this case, under.
Your arm will go under your opponent's arm and then wrap above his shoulder, creating a good amount of control. This especially works well when you get an angle and move him around with your free hand either placed on the head or with a far wrist controlled.
Maintain control by holding your elbow up, pulling the shoulder down, and moving your opponent. The more you move him, the less he'll be able to regain position.
- #1: High-crotch
- #2: Baseball throw, catch near single
- #3: Far ankle-pick
- #4: Pull wrist down, limp arm out, near outside single
- #5: Captain crunch: grab head with free hand, pull to chest, throw down
- #6: Far side inside trip
- #7: Grab wrist, grab hip, step inside far leg, hip toss
- #8: Try hip toss, step behind near leg, pull backwards
- #9: Grab far elbow, duck far side
- #10: Grab far elbow, pass elbow to left, scoot behind
- #11: High crotch, he down-blocks, lefty fireman's carry
Keep control by 'pinching' your elbow down and putting your fist into your opponent's chest.
- Ice Pick: Pinch over-hook down, grab far wrist with free hand, grab above elbow with over-hook hand, pinch together
- #16: He breaks out of Ice Pick, fireman's carry
- #17: He posts on head, pop far elbow up, duck far side
- #18: He posts on head, grab near elbow with left hand, over-hook arm goes over head, grab far elbow, pull to far double