In wrestling, we always want to have options. We focus on winning and scoring out of every position. This hopefully happens when we are in on the shot, but sometimes we're not so quick and our opponent is in on our leg.
Even though we're in a defensive position, we should still look to score. This series goes over a bunch of different ways to capitalize on when our opponent makes that split second pause that so many do before finishing. Today, we're countering the so often used high crotch.
This lesson will also cover how to handle our opponenet putting us in the same situation, offensively. We always try to teach both sides of the coin in this sport, offense and defense, because they are equally important to your knowledge base. You never know when you'll get thrown into a crackdown, it happens in scrambles all of the time.
He has high crotch position with drive leg up
Crotch lock and scoot hips to the side
- #5: Hook near leg, grab far ankle, push up, cross-face
- #6: Foot under opponent's, roll backwards, cross-face
- #7: Roll him towards his head, post with right hand to keep head up, hold leg with left to keep hips controlled, come up through middle
Sink your shoulder, right hip down on other side of leg
- #8: Pick knee up, convert to double, jump to other side
- #9: Try double, wrap around the back of leg and finish
- #10: Elbow lock, roll opponent to back, switch to double while rolling through
- #11: Elbow lock, circle to tri-pod, jump over-top to back bridge, cut double
- #12: Pick leg up on right side above leg, circle to the right
Reach back down and grab foot
- #13: Lift ankle above right hip, step up using a cross-face to protect from funk, stay between legs, catch claw ride
- #14: Receed to low leg finish, tri-pod, head in knee, circle to double
- #15: Lift ankle above head, roll under to outside single